Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Bowl of Dog

My mum and I were in Central Market when we saw a busy stall with a huge stock pot. The stall owner was doing a brisk business selling soup kuetiaw and claypot hotpots. My mum ordered 1 bowl of soup kuetiaw and it was delicious. The kuetiaw was broad and roughly chopped and the meat was kinda like sliced beefballs.

When we came back to S'pore, my mum decides to tell me that that was dog meat! She only found out when she walked by the open kitchen and saw them preparing dogs. She didn't wanna tell me then bc she thought I'll puke or imagine a tummyache to reality. Our guide did tell us that Cambodians eat dog a lot. I am pretty horrified. I don't really know why though. It's not like I ate my own pet. I am not squeamish abt eating cow or battery-farmed chicken so my disgust seems a bit hypocritical.




Khmer hot dog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home