Monday, November 07, 2005

I Just Wanted To Buy Some Milk

I woke up at 12 noon last Wed and had to get out of the hotel room so that it cld get cleaned. I decided to go to Union Sq because there's a farmer's market there on that day and I thought I could buy milk and fruit. So I took the subway there and ended up in an anti-Bush demonstration. Or a 'revolution', as the organisers put it. 'The beginning of the end of the Bush regime'. To find out more, check out www.worldcantwait.net



The people of the revolution.














Kingpins of the axis of evil.


If you can't beat them, bowl 'em.

I bought a couple of T-shirts. You know, to support the cause. And then I went to the market.


I think I've never seen a magenta carrot before. And I thought white carrots = daikon. Here's a deep thought, if you eat too much carrots, you get carotenemia and your skin turns orangey yellow, so what happens if you munch on too many magenta carrots? Do you turn mauve? I like the way they sell the chillies - in bouquets. It's so pretty. In Indonesia, they just pile them up in mounds and the chillies are sold to you in plastic bags, stapled shut.


All in all, it was a good, albeit unusual day at the market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home