Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back to the blog - Hello Summer!


After a long hiatus, I've decided to return to my blog. It'd be a journal of my summer.

For me, summer began with blooming lilacs.



It has been my ritual for the past 2 years to herald the arrival of warmer weather in May with a trip to Arnold Arboretum to see and sniff the lilacs. This was my 3rd year, and Howie came with me this time. He laid down by a big grove of lilac bushes and took a nap.

The air was heavy with the perfume of the big bunches of flowers. Not all lilacs are lilac coloured. Some are deep purple, light pink, and some, like the prettily named China Snow, are snow-white.



There's lots to admire in Arnold Arboretum - not just lilacs.




I left Boston when the lilacs were in bloom and headed for home. More on that in another post.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home