Monday, January 02, 2006

Barossa Valley

My parents and I were in Adelaide for abt 2 wks in Dec for my brother's graduation. Adelaide is a pretty little place. In fact, the New Yorker once said that Adelaide as "possibly the last well-planned and contented metropolis on earth". I am not sure if I wld use 'metropolis' to describe Adelaide... As there's only that much you can do in the city, we rented a van and went to Barossa Valley, a famous wine region. We visited 5 vineyards. Penfold's was the most famous, Wolf Blass the classiest, Bethany's rustic, Jacob's Creek had the best facilities and small little Rockford was my favourite because it was small and pretty and best of all, it had jam tastings!


Rockford.



It is an old-fashioned practice to plant rose bushes at the end of every row of vines. Rose bushes are susceptible to the same diseases as grapevines but they show syptoms earlier. When you see that the roses are ill, yo'll know your grapes aren't in the pink of health too. It's kinda like how miners brought canaries down to the mines.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home